Pakora (Checkpea and Vegetable Fritters)
Ingredients140g gram flour, ground chickpea flour
100-200ml warm water
1tsp chilli powder or to taste
1tsp carom seeds, ajwain
1/2tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
1/4tsp soda bicarbonate
1 big potato, julienned
2 green chillies, sliced
3-4 cabbage leaves, shredded
100g spinach, chopped
3sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
2sprigs curry leaves, chopped
palm oil, for deep frying
chaat masala, for sprinkling
Mint Chutney50g coriander leaves
50g mint leaves
2-3 green chillies or to taste
1tbsp lemon juice
1. Sift gram flour into a mixing bowl. Add enough warm water to form batter. Let batter rest for 30 minutes. If the mixture thickens on resting, add more water.
2. Add all other ingredients except oil and mix well.
3. Dip chopped vegetables in the batter.
4. Heat oil in pot. Drop spoonfuls of vegetable batter into hot oil. Fry for one minute until fritter holds its shape. Reduce heat to medium and fry until half cooked. Remove and cool completely.
5. Before serving, reheat oil and deep-fry again over moderately high heat until brown. Double-frying is essential for crispy pakoras.
6. Sprinkle with chaat masala.
7. Blend the rest of the ingredients to make mint chutney. Serve with the pakoras
OUR ADDRESSC-3A-3,Plaza Kelana Jaya, Jalan SS7/13A, Kelana Jaya,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +603-7873 6200