Ayam Masak Merah
Ingredients1kg whole chicken (cut into 10 pieces)
1tbsp turmeric powder
Ground spices10 shallots (peeled)
4 cloves garlic (peeled)
2in old ginger (peeled)
4tbsp chilli boh
2tbsp coriander powder
1tsp cumin powder
3tbsp almond (ground)
Others5tbsp cooking oil
1in cinnamon stick
3 star anise
4tbsp tomato paste
1/2 small bottle chilli sauce
1 small can evaporated milk
5 red chilli (cut half)
5 green chilli (cut half)
2 tomato (cut wedges into six)
5in pandan leaf
1 stalk lemongrass
1/2can green peas (small)
salt to taste
sugar to taste
1. Marinated the chicken with turmeric powder and salt.
2. Deep fry until 3/4 cooked, put aside.
3. Blend the ground spices with 1 1/2 cups of water.
4. Heat oil until hot, sauté ground spices until fragrant.
5. Add in cinnamon stick, cloves and star anise. Fry for 5 minutes.
6. Add tomato paste and chilli sauce, stir-fry well until the tomato paste becomes oily.
7. Then add in the chicken, pandan leaf and lemongrass together.
8. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender and gravy turns thick.
9. Lastly add evaporated milk, chillies and tomatoes.
10. Season with salt and sugar.
11. Garnish with green peas.
OUR ADDRESSC-3A-3,Plaza Kelana Jaya, Jalan SS7/13A, Kelana Jaya,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +603-7873 6200